Tuesday, February 22, 2011

papercut

Don't you hate it when you get a papercut? Like you're doing your own thing, trying to find that stupid paper for history class, or the syllabus to check on your homework, or rifling through all your notes to study your brains out and then out of the blue your feel a little slice, and suddenly your finger is bleeding and it hurts! UGH! they are just so awful. I hate them, and unfortunately I get them far too often. But it gets to the point where I can manage to work around them, and they don't really bother me, until I do something stupid like, peel an orange, or decide to use alcohol based hand sanitizer, then as soon as I decide to do those things, I immediately regret the decision as a sharp stings starts taking place in that stupid papercut. And suddenly all I can think about is the pain, and everything else becomes less important. Just for a little bit though, then the pain subsides and I'm able to cope again. That is until I do something stupid again, and the lovely cycle starts all over.

I suppose in a way I'm speaking metaphorically, I currently have a papercut, but its on my heart. And sometimes I do stupid things that will only cause me pain. Like blogstalking or getting hopes up for ridiculous reasons. But I suppose, that I'll just have to look past these moments, and move forward and learn to cope again. But I am only human, and therefore still weak at times. And I guess, sometimes I have to remember, that I don't have to be strong all the time. Especially, when it comes to the heart. It doesn't make me a bad person to admit that I'm still recovering.


yes, I'm talking to you.
you know who you are.
I doubt you still read this, but on the off chance that you do,
 I just want to say, I still love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment