Wednesday, February 9, 2011

not a teen

Twas my birthday Monday, and in all honesty, usually I dislike my birthday, but it was a really good day! I am so incredibly blessed! AH! I am so lucky guys!

I started off by waking up at like 7:30, a minor miracle in my book, since it was my birthday, and on my days off I usually sleep in to at least 11. haha, but I woke up and left the apartment by 8 and made it to the temple by 8:15. At first, I was kinda sad, since I had planned to go with someone and they bailed on me, so I was a tad bit emotional, but it was hard to stay like that when I was in the Lord's house. I brought my scriptures and just sat and pondered for a while, and just felt an immense sense of peace at whatever happens next in my life. All will be well. All is well. Life is beautiful.

I left the temple at like 10:15, then went to my parents house and I made myself a birthday breakfast with my puppy dog. And called some people who had called while I was in the temple. Then I went back to my apartment to get ready for my big adventure for the day- snowboarding! So I went with a friend from one of my classes, who also had the same birthday as me, so we went up to Sundance and it was SO MUCH FUN! I think I have a new hobby I want to pick up. I didn't think I would like it as much as I did, but holy oh my goodness, it was a blast. I definitely will have to budget next year so I can buy all the stuff necessary for this new hobby. Then we went and got birthday cake shakes from Iceberg, cuz you get free shakes on your birthday! They were really skeptical that it was BOTH our birthday's though... haha.

Then I showered, got all ready, got my hair all done, then met up with my family to go to dinner. We went to Tempanyaki, my all time favorite resturaunt ever. I mean they make all the food for you right there in front of you! Plus there's a TON of it! I got yummy rice, lo mein noodles, salmon, grilled veggies, and teriyaki chicken. It was incredible, as always! Then we rolled back to the house, seriously, we were all so full, and then my Mom got the cake she made me, and I blew out the candles. Then we were all so full, I ended up just taking half the cake home with me to put in my fridge.

Then I got back to my apartment and watched one of my favorite movies of all time with some of my favorite people. Sherlock Holmes at Sarah's. Need I say more? I don't think so. It was awesome. I love Robert Downey Jr.

I ended my birthday with reading my scriptures, and nearly falling asleep praying. It was incredible! What a way to spend my 20th birthday! It was nothing like I thought it would be a week ago, but that's fine. Life throws you curves, and you just have to roll with the punches. Life is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment