Sunday, March 6, 2011

iPod scorn

I swear, my iPod is out to get me. Every song seems to remind me of him... gah! Sad songs seem to have taken a priority above all else. (Please note that I am okay, that I know that this is what is supposed to happen, but it seems that I have rough days every once in a while.) These are just some of the lyrics that have really stood out to me lately.

Worn Out Dime- Todd Lippord
(not a published song, but lyrics he wrote)
I thought this was a game, and you would come back for me
now all I want is to be flipped over, so at night the stars are all I see
I guess this is what life is like when you're a worn out dime
if everything is going good it's only a matter of time.

Jar of Hearts- Christina Perri
And who do you think you are?
Running 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?
Dear, it took so long just to feel alright
Remember how to put back the light in my eyes
I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed
Cause you broke all your promises

Life After You- Runner Runner
Letting go
Now the worst is over
You should know I'm okay
I'm so moving on
I'm so over you
So what now?
I wanna breathe now
I can live again
Scream out loud every now and then
Go and get back everything
You took from me
I wanna get back friends I used to know
Stay out late at the killer show
Ridin' downtown like we used to do
And just be me
I wanna breathe, I wanna be
I wanna sing, I wanna believe
All the things I can do
There's life after you

Papercuts- Runner Runner
Who do you want?
It’s more than a crush
Loving you only gave me papercuts
Something so real, taught me never to trust
Loving you only gave me papercuts
You gave me papercuts

Gonna Get Over You- Sara Bareilles
Ooh, how'm I gonna get over you?
I'll be alright, just not tonight
Someday, oh I wish you'd want me to stay
I'll be alright, just not tonight
Someday (someday)
say it's coming soon,
Someday without you,
All I can do is get me past the ghost of you,
Wave goodbye to me,
won't say I'm sorry,
I'll be alright once I find the other side of
Someday

Life of the Party- Rocket to the Moon
You puzzle like a jigsaw
You love me, now we don't fit together
I used up my last straw
I thought I would drink you forever
But now you're my last call
Never shoulda told you that I fell in love
'Cause you turned me right around
And threw me down and now I can't get up
You'll be sorry, just you wait and see
But let's get one thing straight
You're gonna regret you left me

Virginia Bluebell- Miranda Lambert
Pretty little thing, sometimes you gotta look up
And let the world see all the beauty that you’re made of
‘Cause the way you hang your head nobody can tell
You’re my Virginia Bluebell
My Virginia Bluebell
Put a little light in the darkest places
Put a little smile on the saddest faces

On a Lonely Night- A Rocket to the Moon
It's been forever, but lately it's been hard
Like when we took your parent's car
And drove forever in the dark
I'd give it all away if I could I see you
Once again and have a summer love
Growing close and never go
On a lonely night you will see
You're everything to me (you got everything)
On a lonely night oh the truth is
Every night is lonely without you
Every night is lonely without you here

If there was one song to just summarize everything that I feel on my "rough days" it would be this one. Leave it to good ol' T Swift to tell it how it is. haha, the song is ridiculously accurate to my life.

Back to December- Taylor Swift
I'm so glad you made time to see me
How's life? Tell me, how's your family?
I haven't seen them in a while
You've been good, busier than ever
We small talk, work and the weather
Your guard is up, and I know why
Because the last time you saw me
Is still burned in the back of your mind
You gave me roses, and I left them there to die
So this is me swallowing my pride
Standing in front of you, saying I'm sorry for that night
And I go back to December all the time
It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you
Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine
I go back to December, turn around and make it alright
I go back to December all the time
These days, I haven't been sleeping
Staying up, playing back myself leaving
When your birthday passed, and I didn't call

Then I think about summer, all the beautiful times
I watched you laughing from the passenger side
And realized I loved you in the fall

And then the cold came, the dark days
When fear crept into my mind
You gave me all your love, and all I gave you was goodbye

So this is me swallowing my pride
Standing in front of you, saying I'm sorry for that night
And I go back to December all the time
It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you
Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine
I go back to December, turn around and change my own mind
I go back to December all the time

I miss your tan skin, your sweet smile
So good to me, so right
And how you held me in your arms that September night
The first time you ever saw me cry

Maybe this is wishful thinking
Probably mindless dreaming
But if we loved again, I swear I'd love you right
I'd go back in time and change it, but I can't
So if the chain is on your door, I understand
This is me swallowing my pride
Standing in front of you, saying I'm sorry for that night
And I go back to December
It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you
Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine
I go back to December, turn around and make it alright
I go back to December, turn around and change my own mind
I go back to December all the time, all the time



No comments:

Post a Comment