Sunday, March 27, 2011

florida

I'm moving.
In August.
To Florida.

I don't know if I'll get the EFY job, something tells me I probably will get shafted, I hear its really hard to get in your first year. But regardless, I'm going to take my math class this summer (after I study take the accuplacer and get in the 1050 class) so I can get my associates degree and justify taking a semester off. I'm also going to work- doing whatever work I get hired to do. I may stay at Trinity, just til August though. However, if I do get EFY, I'm gonna quit. Anyways, I'm going to save money this summer, as much as I can, so that in August, I can pack up my car and drive through 9 or 10 states to the lovely state of Florida with my best friend Alexa. Call it reckless, call it impulsive, call it whatever you want, I call it taking a chance. I want out of my comfort zone. I'll get a job at Disney World or wherever, I still want to look at how much CNA's make out there, and live far away from home where I'll get a good dose of living in "the real world".

I really am excited about this plan- I really like this idea. And despite what many "nay-sayers" may say, I really think Lex and I can make this happen. She's already going crazy over finding us a place to live at, I'm pretty much good living anywhere where I can have my own room and isn't going to send me into debt. She's getting a puppy. We're gonna get walkie-talkies. It's gonna be good, I just feel it. There are just a few things I need to do before I go.

1. Obviously, have money saved up so I can afford it, and have a cushion just in case I can't get a job right away.
2. Sell my lease at my apartment. I think it'll sell well, since I've renewed several times, my rent is cheaper than most, so it should sell more easily.
3. Get my car checked out. It kinda makes a funny clicking noise when I turn left...
4. Buy a GPS. I'm going to want it for the trip across the country, and when we're in Florida.
5. Get a credit card. I need to get working on building credit.
6. Quit thinking things between me and Joel are going to somehow miraculously work out again. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Just tell that to my stupid heart that keeps holding on to hope, despite me trying to distract myself with phlebotomist guy and etc. It sucks, but I'm just still in love with Joel. But moving to Florida will make it impossible for it to work out, so that'll be good. The sooner the better I say.

So... Dear Florida,
     I cannot wait to be in your warm climate. It's almost April, and it snowed. I know you would never do this to me. I'm tired of monotony. I want an exciting and drastic change, and I think you can provide this. No more mountains. I want a beach. Sand and the ocean. And being tan. You also provide the chance to live with my best friend again, but this time not on a mattress on the floor of my room, but in our own apartment with a puppy dog. The boys here break my heart, maybe some sunshine and Disney World can make it feel better. I hope we can work things out Florida, I really am excited.

All my love,
       Britt


No comments:

Post a Comment