Sunday, March 6, 2011

gospel

I can't sleep, so I'll share things that have been on my mind this evening:

This gospel never ceases to amaze me.
I have such faith in this church, I don't know how I ever questioned it.
I don't know how I could ever want anything more than to be a faithful member.
It helps me through the hardest trials.
It helps me through the tiniest problems.
I don't know where I would be without it.

I know that the Atonement is real. It is the most incredible gift that I could ever be given. It changes lives. It has changed mine, and I can never forget that, never deny that. And my big brother Jesus Christ is the reason for why I am able to repent from all the stupid things I do. I am eternally in his debt, and I hope I can help repay him someday by being the best person and example I can be to those around me.

I have such a testimony of Bishops, and how they are called of God, and really do have stewardship in order to recieve revelation for his members. My Bishop is like my Dad. He's the best! He's like a wise teddy bear. I can talk to him about anything, and he knows exactly what to say, and how to help me.

I have a testimony of priesthood blessings and all the good they can do. I never knew how completely wonderful priesthood blessings could be before, how much they can help heal. I only ever recieved blessings when it was the begining of the school year, getting a calling, or getting my patriarchial one. Never had I gotten one because I was in emotional distress, and it was incredible to feel the after affects.

I know that other leaders are called of God as well. That the men called to the Quorom of the Seventy are inspired men who have important messages to give to the rising generation. Elder Cook and Elder Munday have had profound lessons to teach us, and they have sunk in my soul. I love to hearken to their voices.

I am so grateful for the amazing people in my life who are able to help me along my way. The good friends who encourage me, for my residents who always make me smile and remind me who I am, my parents who love me unconditionally, my grandma who is such an example to me, and again, the incredible leaders who have such an impact on my life.

I know that this gospel is here for me to enjoy, and that even when I am sad, deep down I truly am happy, because I have this gospel in my life. Everything will work out okay. I have faith in the future, that I will be even happier then.

I am so blessed. So loved. I wish everyone could feel the happiness that I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment